Skip to main content

My Afghan

So I was working on a crochet infinity scarf when one of my co-workers asked if I would teach her to crochet. Of course, I said YES! So that somehow turned into a group/staff crochet project. Some of the after school kids saw us crocheting and decided that they wanted to learn so now I have a crochet club! And I'm overjoyed about it! Anyway, some people are working on afghans and some are working on scarves. I"m working on n a blanket using 5 skeins of yarn that I've had for about 10 years now....5 won't be enough for the entire thing so I had to match up and purchase 2 skeins of coordinated colors. My original yarn is a multi-color so it wasn't too hard to find matching yarn since I have about 5 colors to choose from. Anyway, below are pics of what I've done so far. We started March 1st and I'm so excited about it! I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. 


FYI: crocheting is so relaxing for me. Do any of you guys craft? If so what is your go to craft for relaxing? 




Yarn I'm using when it was just a prop in my living room. 

Finished with first skein of multi-colored yarn. 
  
Whent to Hobby Lobby and found the perfect accents colors to break up the multi-colored yarn blocks. 
Light rose color doesn't match as well as it appeared to. But I'm going to keep going. 

Doesn't look too bad. Can't wait to finish! 



Yarn purchased for Crochet Club. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey y'all!    I was finally able to get my grubby little paws on more Michaels Craft Store Grab Boxes. It was completely by accident, I simply wanted to buy a t-shirt to complete an order and I saw 4 boxes so I purchased 4 boxes. Here's what was inside: Most of this will get used. I was most excited about the floral department stuff and the lights. The total for my boxes is over $400. Anything I can't use, I'll be donating to my job! 

BOOK REVIEW: "I Almost Forgot About You" by Terry McMillan

While I'm not a Terry McMillan fanatic, I do usually enjoy her books. This title was hard to read and confusing from the very beginning. I understand that Georgia is on a mission to find herself but the books is long and gets boring often. Plus there are way too many characters to keep up with. I will still pick up a Terry McMillan book in the future but I do not recommend this book.

Intermittent Fasting....Let's GO!

So I've been hearing a lot about Intermittent fasting lately and I'm officially ready to give it a try.  Intermittent fasting is not a  diet , but rather a dieting pattern. ... By fasting and then feasting on purpose, intermittent fasting generally means that you consume your calories during a specific window of the day, and choose not to eat food for a larger window of time. I am diabetic so I am going to do 9 hours of eating and 15 hours of fasting. I will post often on my progress. I've created 2 documents to help me plan. While most people say you can eat "whatever you want" I am going to try to be mindful of what I eat and stick to one dessert per day. I can't quit cold turkey on the processed sugars because I'm an addict!!!! Wish me luck! Have any of you tried IF? Comment below. If you're interested in the files I'm using, email me and I'll send them to you. No need to recreate the wheel.  XOXO