Skip to main content
The Beginning…..Again

First let me prelude this entry with the fact that I was sitting here getting ready to type and had titled this entry “The Beginning” . Then I thought it might be a good idea to check the titles of my other entries which is when I learned my very first entry was titled “The Beginning”.

This tells me two things, 1. I’m nothing if not consistent with what I want the blog to be; 2. I’ve already started this once so I better stick to it this time. .

Many of the things I will be monitoring on this blog are similar if not the same as those in the original blog post.

My goal for 2012 and beyond is to become a DIVA; by my definition, not Webster’s.

To me, a diva is a woman that basically has her shit together. She is excelling in her career, looks good, feels good and generally over all is GOOD.

Yesterday I turned 32. I think it’s time for me to get it together don’t you? Anywho – just to recap; here are my 10 goals for 2012. My old goals are crossed out; my new, revised, related goals are underneath:

OLD GOAL: Lose 30 pounds through proper diet and exercise. I know I can lose this much and more in 4 months.

NEW GOAL: Lose a total of 100 pounds. I don’t realistically think I can accomplish this in 2012 but I think I can get a darn good start. I plan to accomplish this by starting the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge and exercising. Once my 90 days are up I will simply practice good eating habits and continue to exercise regularly. I’m starting my exercise routines with the Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred. I hope to post on the progress daily.

OLD GOAL: Work on my Blogs (Ha! I've started working on one goal already).

NEW GOAL: Work on my blogs – I’m putting myself on a schedule and I’m hoping that updating my progress on my blogs will help me accomplish my goals.

OLD GOAL: Learn to love my job again. Anyone who knows me knows how much I really deep down inside LOVE my job. It is one of my few claims to fame! Lately, though I've just been rolling with the punches and I haven't had really real enthusiasm about it. I'm sure it's because the rest of my life is so crappy but I'm going to introduce some new and exciting programs (Which I shall blog about HERE) I will also stop being so passive with my staff and hold them responsible for their actions.

NEW GOAL: I really need to learn to love my job again. My boss is retiring so I know I’ll need to gain some focus. I do deep down love my job and it means the world to me but I’m unsure as to rather or not I will STAY forever. This sometimes hinders me from putting my best foot forward. However, I’ve decided that no matter how long I stay or the reason why I leave, I want to leave a legacy. I feel like I can’t leave just left because there’s something I need to accomplish that I have yet to accomplish at this place.

THIS GOAL STAYS: Work on opening my Etsy shop. I'm a hella crafty chick and I need extra cash. Why not combine the two. The only thing different is that I’ve put more shops into the mix. I’ll be posting my crafts and links to my products on this blog as well, so support a sister.

THIS GOAL STAYS: Pay more attention to my appearance. If I want people to think of me as a Diva, I should present myself as such. Sometimes I let my weight discourage me and I don't dress up prettily as much as I used to but I'm going to let go of myself conscious attitude and let the diva in me SHINE......

THIS GOAL STAYS: Be a better financial consumer. I spend money like I have money. I'm a broke bitch. I must start living life as a broke bitch. That means no more shopping (I can't fit anything anyway) outside of the occasional treat from 1/2 of 1/2, no more eating out (I like to cook anyway and I can blog about it) and no more going crazy in Hobby Lobby and Michael's (I have craft supplies galore. I need to use all of that stuff before purchasing anything new)

THIS GOAL STAYS: Read the Bible, the greatest self-help book ever invented. I needs me a little more Jesus in my life. Amen

THIS GOAL STAYS: Become better organized and clutter free. I have a yard sale coming up in September so I am going to have to do some Fall cleaning and make my little shabby apartment a home.

THIS GOAL STAYS: Finish my dang book. It can potentially be a bestseller. But how will I ever know if I don't finish the damn thing!?

THIS GOAL STAYS: Be a better mommy to my two little ones. I make the toughest decision ever and let them stay with my family in Texas for a year all in the sake of getting myself together and thus being a better mommy. That's my motivation for everything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey y'all!    I was finally able to get my grubby little paws on more Michaels Craft Store Grab Boxes. It was completely by accident, I simply wanted to buy a t-shirt to complete an order and I saw 4 boxes so I purchased 4 boxes. Here's what was inside: Most of this will get used. I was most excited about the floral department stuff and the lights. The total for my boxes is over $400. Anything I can't use, I'll be donating to my job! 

BOOK REVIEW: "I Almost Forgot About You" by Terry McMillan

While I'm not a Terry McMillan fanatic, I do usually enjoy her books. This title was hard to read and confusing from the very beginning. I understand that Georgia is on a mission to find herself but the books is long and gets boring often. Plus there are way too many characters to keep up with. I will still pick up a Terry McMillan book in the future but I do not recommend this book.

Intermittent Fasting....Let's GO!

So I've been hearing a lot about Intermittent fasting lately and I'm officially ready to give it a try.  Intermittent fasting is not a  diet , but rather a dieting pattern. ... By fasting and then feasting on purpose, intermittent fasting generally means that you consume your calories during a specific window of the day, and choose not to eat food for a larger window of time. I am diabetic so I am going to do 9 hours of eating and 15 hours of fasting. I will post often on my progress. I've created 2 documents to help me plan. While most people say you can eat "whatever you want" I am going to try to be mindful of what I eat and stick to one dessert per day. I can't quit cold turkey on the processed sugars because I'm an addict!!!! Wish me luck! Have any of you tried IF? Comment below. If you're interested in the files I'm using, email me and I'll send them to you. No need to recreate the wheel.  XOXO