Skip to main content

Friends with Benefits



So when you think of the term 'friends with benefits' you usually think of someone claiming to just be friends but actually getting the benefits of a relationship. These benefits are usually related to sexual acts. My situation is a little different. See I have a situation with a guy that I've known for years that I label as friends with benefits. However, his benefits package has not included physical contact. See the benefits that he seeks are my undivided attention. He wants my opinion on everything, he expects me to answer when he calls and when I don't it seems that he feels entitled to an explanation. 

What's up with that? Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. Maybe this is what friendship between a girl and guy is like. I'm a firm believer that it's highly unlikely for a man and woman to be friends just friends from beginning to end without one of them at least thinking about making a move on the other. And I think that in this kind of unbalanced relationship the other has to be aware of this and accepting of it. 

In our case I'm probably the one that had the crush but I'm almost certain that he's had a mutual admiration for me at different points in our relationship. Especially since we actually met or exchanged numbers with the intention of going out. *I'll tell you more about that disaster later* We never made it to that date but we've been in contact every since. And I guess overtime we've become friends. I don't understand it but what the hell? I go along with it anyway. 

Do you have a friend of the opposite sex? Is it strictly platonic on both sides? Tell me more!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey y'all!    I was finally able to get my grubby little paws on more Michaels Craft Store Grab Boxes. It was completely by accident, I simply wanted to buy a t-shirt to complete an order and I saw 4 boxes so I purchased 4 boxes. Here's what was inside: Most of this will get used. I was most excited about the floral department stuff and the lights. The total for my boxes is over $400. Anything I can't use, I'll be donating to my job! 

BOOK REVIEW: "I Almost Forgot About You" by Terry McMillan

While I'm not a Terry McMillan fanatic, I do usually enjoy her books. This title was hard to read and confusing from the very beginning. I understand that Georgia is on a mission to find herself but the books is long and gets boring often. Plus there are way too many characters to keep up with. I will still pick up a Terry McMillan book in the future but I do not recommend this book.

No Losers Please

Just recently, I dated a loser, I can tell you more about that in a later blog post I have planned. But anyway - one day I was chilling with said loser and he needed me to help him set up his 'new' touch screen phone. While I was trying to log into his Facebook page he received a text from another girl that read "Hey sweaty - what's up" It's funny because I wasn't mad and because I am pretty sure that this wasn't a case of auto-correct madness. This heifer really spelled SWEETIE wrong and I saw the previous texts to prove this. Unless there was some sort of inside joke that made it okay for her to affectionately call him sweaty, the fact that he was either a. oblivious to the fact that she wasn't spelling her chosen term of endearment correctly or b. He wasn't offended about being called sweaty. Either way - I realized he was an idiot. Have you ever been involved in a situation or with a person and had an awakening that made you realize